Saturday, July 11, 2009

Explaining Provincials!

Hey Everyone!

I had a few of my kitty friends asking me what a Provincial was, so I thought I'd get Sarah to explain! (seeing as most of you are American, and don't have them- your humans are LUCKY people!!)
This will help you see why Sarah was so busy, too!
Sarah:
Hey everyone!
Provincials are big tests you take for certain subjects at the end of the year or semester, depending on what your school is like (most are semestered, though). You have to take:
Grade 10: English, Science, Math
Grade 11: Socials
Grade 12: English
They're all REALLY huge, and count for 20% of your mark, except for the English 12 one, which counts for 40%. Oh, how I envy my American friends!!
Dinah:
Wow, that sounds CATastrophically hard!! I didn't even understand most of what she typed, but your humans should!
Anyways, just thought I'd drop you a note to explain! Sarah's best friend is here from out of town for almost a week so I might only have time for Twitter. I LOVE her though!!

Ciao!
Dinah

2 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh okay that makes sense. Like end of year exams in Australia. I get it.

Huffle Mawson

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We call them Finals! like the final exam of the year or semester. We hope she did or does well on them!